Our Food Philosophy
The secret is in our fresh ingredients
Sunrise Tacos believes in preserving the healthiness of all-natural foods. We do this by hand-making our cuisine, as we do our tortillas, using only the most natural and nutritious ingredients, while also maintaining simplicity in our dishes so not to overwhelm the natural flavors with unnecessary toppings and sides.
As a result, the healthy nixtamal products are complemented by appropriately portioned fillings (e.g. one order of 3 taco tends to yield about 300 calories), and toppings that dress the fillings in the manner you would find in Mexico.
As a result of these intentions, we adhere to the following:
- We use 100% corn that is non-genetically modified and non-transgenic. It comes from The Schoular Company, a 120 year old company located in Nebraska that applies an unprecedented process for selecting only the best quality corn for nixtamal production.
- Our produce comes from the Royal Project so that our guest get the freshest produce, just as you would in Mexico. We are also looking to partner with local growers where it makes sense and as our business grows so that we can continue to supply the best, freshest produce for our guests.
- Our beef is purchased daily from our butcher Jagota – – who also carefully prepares our meats to provide the best quality and healthy cuts from Tajima Wagyu beef imported from Australia.
- Our pork shoulder and chicken is bought from the CP Group in Bangkok.
- Our fish is purchased fresh from the Kings Project and from Makro,
- Our cheese is purchased from Food Gallery who imports them from the USA.
- We make our own salsas from fresh vegetables and natural seasonings (no canned foods or packaged herbs that contain unnatural preservatives and sodium).
- We buy our imported Australia strawberries to make our famous strawberry margaritas from Jagota
- We use natural corn-oil and rice oil with no hydrogenated fats.
- We let the tortillas work ; this way your mouth experiences a balanced burst of true authentic flavor in every bite.
- We flavor our meats and use simple toppings such as cilantro, onions and salsas allowing the guests to taste the meat, rather than the toppings.
Most importantly, we prepare every dish with love and passion for the nutrition and satisfaction it will bring to each of our guests.
Our main goal is to satisfy our guests by providing nutritional, healthy and delicious Mexican food. Join us in a culinary trip to Mexico without leaving Bangkok!